Information sheet on data protection
In the sense of the data protection basic regulation (DSGVO) we give you the following information about the data processing accomplished by us as responsible persons in the context of our activity as lawyers:
Person responsible for data processing:
Name: ScherbaumSeebacher lawyers ltd.
Address: Schmiedgasse 2, 8010 Graz
Phone number: 0316/832460-144
1. Personal data
- we collect, process and use your personal data only within the scope of our mandate / our order or order for the purposes agreed with you or otherwise resulting from our mandate or our order or our order, if there is another legal basis in accordance with the DSGVO (in particular if the data processing within the scope of our order is necessary for the agreed purpose); this in compliance with data protection and civil law We collect and process only such personal data which are necessary for the performance and processing of our legal services or which you have voluntarily made available to us. We also use your contact data for advertising and marketing purposes.
- Personal data is all information that allows conclusions to be drawn about your personal or factual circumstances, such as name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, age, gender, social security number, claims, liabilities, legal relationships, video recordings, photos, voice recordings of persons as well as biometric data such as fingerprints. Sensitive data, such as health data or data in connection with criminal proceedings, may also be included if this is necessary within the meaning of point 1.a. or if you voluntarily provide us with such data.
- If there are any changes to your personal data, please notify us so that we can guarantee the accuracy of the data we process.
2. Use of the data
- Within the scope of the client relationship or the assignment / for the fulfilment of our legal duties
We will not process the data made available to us for purposes other than those covered by the mandate agreement or our mandate or by your consent, if any, or otherwise by a provision in accordance with the DSGVO. Excluded from this is the use for statistical purposes, provided that the data provided has been anonymized. The legal basis for our data processing within the framework of the mandate relationship is therefore primarily the fulfilment of the mandate agreement or mandate (Art 6 lit b) DSGVO) as well as the fulfilment of legal obligations (Art 6 lit c) DSGVO). In principle, you are not obliged to provide us with your personal data. However, it is necessary to provide your data so that the client relationship and/or the order can be carried out properly. If you should not make the data available, this can lead to the fact that the acceptance of your order and/or the performance of the desired services is not possible or only possible to a limited extent.
- For marketing and advertising purposes
We also use your contact information for marketing and promotional purposes, in particular to send you information letters, newsletters and invitations. You can notify us at any time by e-mail or telephone if you do not wish to be contacted further for advertising purposes. The legal basis for this data processing is our legitimate interest in marketing and advertising measures within the meaning of Art 6 lit f) DSGVO. You are neither legally nor contractually obliged to provide us with your contact data for marketing and advertising purposes. If you do not provide us with your data for this purpose or if you object to this use, the advertising and marketing measures will be omitted.
3. Transfer of data to third parties / source of data
- In order to fulfil your order it may be necessary for us to pass on your data to third parties (e.g. counterparties, substitutes, insurance companies, service providers we use and to whom we make data available, etc.), courts or authorities. Your data will be forwarded exclusively on the basis of the DSGVO, in particular to fulfil your order or – if necessary – on the basis of your prior consent.
- Furthermore, we inform you that within the scope of our legal representation and support, factual and case-related information is regularly obtained from you by third parties, such as opponents of legal proceedings, authorities, etc., in order to provide you with the services you require.
- Some of the above-mentioned recipients of your personal data may be located outside Austria or process your personal data there. If this is an EU country, an adequate level of data protection is guaranteed. However, the level of data protection in non-EU countries may not correspond to that in Austria. We therefore only transfer your personal data to countries for which the EU Commission has decided that they have an adequate level of data protection. Should the transfer to a country become necessary for which such a decision of the EU Commission is not available, we will take measures in accordance with the regulations in Art. 44 ff DSGVO to ensure that an adequate level of data protection is also provided for the recipient.
4. Data storage
We will not store your data for longer than is necessary to fulfil our contractual or legal obligations and to ward off any liability claims.
5. Measures to ensure data security
We protect your personal data through appropriate organizational and technical precautions. These precautions relate in particular to protection against unauthorised, illegal or accidental access, processing, loss, use and manipulation.
6. Rights of data subjects
As a person concerned, you have – with reservation and in compliance with our lawyer’s obligation of confidentiality – the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- Right to information pursuant to Art. 15 DSGVO: You have a right to information as to whether your personal data will be processed, as well as details of such processing;
- Right of rectification pursuant to Art. 16 DSGVO: You have the right to demand rectification of your data if they are incorrect;
- Right to cancellation pursuant to Art. 17 DSGVO: You have the right to request the cancellation of your data under certain conditions;
- Right to limit the processing pursuant to Art. 18 DSGVO: You have the right to request that the processing of your data be restricted under certain conditions;
- Right to data transfer in accordance with Art 20 DSGVO: You have the right to have the data provided to you by the person responsible (returned) in a common format, provided that this does not cause disproportionate expense;
- Right to object pursuant to Art 21 DSGVO: You have the right to object to certain processing of your data for special reasons.
- Your request for information, deletion, rectification, opposition and/or data transmission can be sent to the address given above on page 1.
- You can revoke your consent to data processing at any time. It is pointed out, however, that all processing carried out until the revocation remains lawful.
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority. In this regard, we also refer you to the homepage of the data protection authority which can be accessed via the link https://www.dsb.gv.at/